Pollinator decline/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Pollinator decline, or pages that link to Pollinator decline or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Pollinator decline. Needs checking by a human.
- Africanized bee : Hybrids of the African honey bee, Apis mellifera scutellata, with various European honey bees.
- Beekeeping : The management and maintenance of colonies of honeybees.
- Bee : Flying insects of the order hymenoptera, closely related to wasps and ants.
- Biodiversity : The study of the range of life forms in a given ecosystem.
- Buckwheat : Plants in two genera of the dicot family Polygonaceae: the Eurasian genus Fagopyrum, and the North American genus Eriogonum, called a pseudocereal to emphasize that it is not related to wheat.
- Disease : A condition of the body in which one or more of its components fail to operate properly, resulting in disability, pain or other forms of suffering, or behavioral aberrations.
- Drosophila : Flies of the family Drosophilidae, having larvae that feed on ripening or fermenting fruits and vegetables, especially the common species Drosophila melanogaster, often used in genetic research.
- Food and Agriculture Organization : A policy, technical, and operational agency, under the auspices of the United Nations, which deals with agriculture, fisheries and forestry, as well as humanitarian relief of hunger
- Insecticide : A pesticide used against insects, in agriculture, medicine, industry and the household.
- Insect : One of numerous small arthropod animals with six legs, an exoskeleton that grows by molting, and oftentimes wings.
- Pollination management : Horticultural practices that accomplish or enhance pollination of a crop, to improve yield or quality, by understanding of the particular crop's pollination needs, and by knowledgeable management of pollenizers, pollinators, and pollination conditions.
- Pollination : Process by which pollen is transferred in plants from the male reproductive organ (stamen or staminate cone) to the female reproductive organ (pistil or pistillate cone), thereby enabling fertilisation and sexual reproduction.
- Pollinator : Biotic vector that moves pollen from the male anthers of a flower to the female stigma of a flower to accomplish fertilization or syngamy of the female gamete in the ovule of the flower by the male gamete from the pollen grain.
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.