Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Pleiku. Needs checking by a human.
- Army of the Republic of Viet Nam : A term describing both the ground force specifically, and the armed forces generally, of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War and Fall of South Vietnam
- Ban Me Thuot : A town in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, the junction of a number of key highways; During the Vietnam War, it was a MACV-SOG covert action base; the first major town captured in the 1975 North Vietnamese invasion, triggering large-scale refugee flight
- Battle of the Ia Drang : First divisional-scale battle involving helicopter-borne air assault troops, with U.S. forces against those of North Vietnam
- Binh Dinh Province : A coastal province of central Vietnam
- Dien Bien Phu : Site in northern Vietnam of a 1954 decisive battle that soon forced France to relinquish control of colonial Indochina.
- Fall of South Vietnam : The result of a series of conventional military actions by the People's Army of Viet Nam, under the direction of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which led to the dissolution of the Republic of Vietnam and the reunification of North and South Vietnam into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Gia Lai Province : Province of the Central Highlands of Vietnam, whose capital is Pleiku.
- II Corps tactical zone : The geographical command of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam that covered more land mass than any other region, in Central Vietnam including the Highlands. It roughly corresponded with the operational area of the U.S. II Field Force Vietnam.
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- Kontum Province : A province of central Vietnam, bordering Quang Nam Province on the north, Quang Ngai Province on the east and Gia Lai Province on the south
- Kontum : In Vietnam, the capital of Kontum Province, near Pleiku and Plei Me; Highway 14 runs through it,and Highway 24 connects it to Quang Ngai.
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- National Highway 14 (Vietnam) : A highway connecting Ban Me Thuot, Pleiku, Kontum and Thua Thien, in central Vietnam
- National Highway 19 (Vietnam) : A highway in Central Vietnam, which connects the seaport of Qui Nhon, via An Khe to Pleiku.
- Operation FLAMING DART : The first U.S. air attacks on North Vietnam, after the Gulf of Tonkin incident, by the U.S. during the Vietnam War, but before the full Operation ROLLING THUNDER campaign
- Quang Nam Province : A province in the central part of Vietnam, with coastal area on the South China Sea and a western border with Laos
- Saigon : The largest city of Vietnam, renamed Ho Chi Minh City after reunification of the North and South in 1975
- South Vietnam's ground war, 1972-1975 : That period during which South Vietnam fought North Vietnam without the assistance of U.S. ground troops
- Special operations : Military or paramilitary operations that differ from conventional operations in degree of physical and political risk, operational techniques, mode of employment, independence from friendly support, and dependence on detailed operational intelligence and indigenous assets; they are often controlled at a national or strategic level of command
- U.S. support to South Vietnam before Gulf of Tonkin : A period of overt advisory and combat support by the U.S. to South Vietnam, from roughly 1962 to mid-1964
- UNESCO : Specialized agency of the UN, created in 1946, to aid peace by promoting international cooperation in education, science, and culture.
- Viet Cong : The military wing of the National Front for the Liberation of South Vietnam (NLF); a generic term for Communist forces in South Vietnam during the Vietnam War
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.