- See also changes related to Physician, or pages that link to Physician or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Physician. Needs checking by a human.
- Acute radiation syndrome : Disease or death caused by whole-body irradiation, over a short period of time, with a significant quantity of penetrating radiation
- American Cryonics Society : California-based non-profit corporation that supports and promotes research and education into cryonics and cryobiology.
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek : (1632 - 1723) Dutch scientist who discovered single-celled organisms.
- Bacteriophage : A virus that infects bacteria; often called a phage.
- Chloroform : an organic chemical compound having the chemical formula CHCl3, also known as trichloromethane (IUPAC name).
- Doctor (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Edinburgh : The capital of Scotland.
- Electronic medical record : A digital form of medical (hospital or clinic) record.
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging : A neuroimaging technique used to monitor task-specific blood oxygenation, primarily in the brain.
- Genetic counseling : Testing of couples who are planning to be parents in which their genomes are evaluated regarding the likelihood of them having children with genetic diseases or defects.
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- Hemochromatosis : Hereditary disorder affecting iron metabolism in which excessive amounts of iron accumulate in the body tissues, characterized by diabetes mellitus, liver dysfunction, and a bronze pigmentation of the skin.
- Hippocrates : (c. 460 – 370 BCE) A physician, who revolutionized the practice of medicine by transforming it from its mythical, superstitious, magical and supernatural roots to a science based on observation and reason.
- Hippocratic Oath : An oath traditionally taken by physicians before practising medicine.
- Homeopathy : System of alternative medicine involving administration of highly diluted substances with the intention to stimulate the body's natural healing processes, not considered proven by mainstream science.
- Infant mortality : A concept in demography that estimates the "rate of deaths occurring in the first year of life".
- John McKinly : This article is a summary description of John McKinly, emphazing the career, political, location and family factors involved in the his career.
- Joshua Clayton : Add brief definition or description
- Lightning : An atmospheric discharge of electricity accompanied by thunder, which typically occurs during thunderstorms, and sometimes during volcanic eruptions or dust storms.
- Luc Montagnier : (b. 18 August 1932) French virologist and joint recipient with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Harald zur Hausen of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, for his co-discovery of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- Marcia Angell : An American physician at Harvard, author, and first female editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Medical ethics : The study of moral values as they apply to medicine.
- Medication : A licensed drug taken to cure or reduce symptoms of an illness or medical condition.
- Multiple sclerosis : A chronic, inflammatory, demyelinating disease that affects the central nervous system (CNS).
- Neuroimaging : A group of techniques used to visualize structure and function of nervous systems, especially the vertebrate brain.
- Nuclear medicine : That medical specialty, or subspecialty, concerned with diagnosis and treatment using radioisotopes administered to the patient
- Paracelsus : (1493-1541) An early Renaissance alchemist, philosopher and physician credited with founding the modern fields of pharmacology and toxicology.
- Patient satisfaction : An outcome measure of quality, referring to the perception of the patients(s) of one or more aspects of a health care system.
- Pharmacy : A area of heath science that uses principles of chemistry and biology to study the interaction of drugs with biological systems and optimize drug therapy.
- Primary care physician : Add brief definition or description
- Radioactivity : The property of the unstable nuclei of chemical elements to decay into another isotope, emitting energy or particles
- Radiology : A physician specialty with a core competence in obtaining and diagnosing by means of instruments that receive energy transmitted through the body; there are a number of subspecialties.
- Ron Paul : (1935–) libertarian U.S. Representative (R-Texas) and physician; sought Republican Presidential candidacy in 2008; father of Rand Paul; advisory board and national chair, 1996, Republican Liberty Caucus
- Scoliosis : Abnormal lateral curvature of the spine that occurs most often in the thoracic region.
- Snakebite : Wound resulting from penetration of the flesh by the fangs or teeth of a snake.
- Thesaurus : A reference work similar to a dictionary, but, unlike a dictionary, which groups words alphabetically, it groups them according to their meanings.
- Venereal disease : Infections spread through sexual contact.