Peshawar Seven/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Peshawar Seven, or pages that link to Peshawar Seven or to this page or whose text .
- Afghanistan War (1978-1992) : Add brief definition or description
- Pakistan : Country in southern Asia, established as a Muslim state split from India in 1947, bordering the Arabian Sea to the south, India to the east, Iran and Afghanistan to the west, and China to the north.
- United States : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- Saudi Arabia : A country in the Middle East, governed by a monarchy under Islamic law, which includes the most revered sites in Islam, and also dominates the world's oil economy.
- Burhanuddin Rabbani : President of Afghanistan during the post-Communist period, 1992-1996; a Tajik affiliated with the Northern Alliance
- Gulbuddin Hekmatyar : Afghan radical jihadist leader, not affiliated with the Taliban, at large in Afghanistan or Pakistan
- Abdul Rasul Sayyaf : An Afghanistan politician and warlord, the only Pashtun leader in the Northern Alliance, and a Wahhabist favoring strict Islamic rule
- Yunis Khalis : An early leader of the mujahideen (1919-2006), whose stronghold was Jalalabad in Nangarhar Province.
- Sibghatullah Mojaddedi : Afghan political leader, in the Peshawar Seven then leading the National Liberation Front (Afghanistan) (Jabha-e Melli-ye Nijat-e Afghanistan); first post-Communist president in 1992; now leading the registered Afghanistan Republican Party (Hizbi Jamhori Kwahan)
- Sayyid Ahmad Gailani : Leader of Sufis in Afghanistan, a mujahideen member of the Peshawar Seven and leader of the National Islamic Front; pro-Saudi.
- Mohammad Nabi Mohammadi : (1921-2002), member of the Peshawar Seven, briefly a vice president in the mujahideen government, and then allied with the Taliban; headed Harakat-i-Inqilab-i-Islami or Islamic Revolutionary Movement.