Persistent vegetative state/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Persistent vegetative state, or pages that link to Persistent vegetative state or to this page or whose text .
- Medical ethics : The study of moral values as they apply to medicine.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Tony Bland : (1970–1993) Liverpool FC fan who was injured during the Hillsborough disaster who entered a persistent vegetative state. A legal case brought to the judicial committee of the House of Lords (now the UK Supreme Court) allowed the hospital with the support of Bland's family to withdraw the life support machine keeping Bland alive. Bland became the first patient to be allowed to die under this change in English law.
- Nancy Cruzan : Add brief definition or description
- Terri Schiavo : (1963–2005) Pennsylvania woman who, following entry into a persistent vegetative state in a hospital in Florida became the centre of a seven-year legal and political battle to determine whether or not the feeding tube should be removed. At the height of the controversy, President George W. Bush signed emergency legislation to keep Schiavo alive.
- Ariel Sharon : Add brief definition or description