Peace operations/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Peace operations, or pages that link to Peace operations or to this page or whose text .
- Conflict resolution : The application of different techniques for dealing with conflict without the use of violence or other sanctions.
- Peace : The absence of armed conflict, or causes of violence, between groups of people.
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- Peace building : Add brief definition or description
- Peace enforcement : Add brief definition or description
- Peace keeping : Add brief definition or description
- Peace making : Add brief definition or description
- Alix Boucher : Research Analyst with the Future of Peace Operations program  at the Henry L. Stimson Center.
- Lakhdar Brahimi : Member, Global Leadership Foundation; board, International Crisis Group; former Special Adviser to the Secretary General of the United Nations, and U.N. Special Envoy to Iraq in 2004; former Foreign Minister of Algeria
- William Durch : Senior associate in the Future of Peace Operations program of the Henry L. Stimson Center; previously staff of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, as a Research Fellow at the Harvard Center for Science and International Affairs, and as Assistant Director of the Defense and Arms Control Studies program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; seconded from Stimson as a Scientific Advisor to the US Defense Threat Reduction Agency and served as Project Director for the United Nations Panel on UN Peace Operations (the Brahimi Report; consultant to the multinational Challenges of Peacekeeping project and directly for the United Nation; taught chool of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University, and the Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University
- United Nations Charter : The core "rule book" for jurisdiction of the United Nations
- United Nations Security Council : One of the principal organs of the United Nations, charged with the maintenance of international peace and security.
- American Conservative Defense Alliance : Think tank and interest group for national security conservatism, endorsing foreign action only when vital U.S. interests are involved or there is a direct threat