- See also changes related to PBX-9502, or pages that link to PBX-9502 or to this page or whose text .
- Insensitive high explosives : Explosives, principally for military use, which have an extremely low probability of detonating accidentally or other than as intended in a specific application; not easily converted to improvised explosive devices, will not detonate when engulfed in fire, and, when used in the high explosive initator of a nuclear weapon, unable to trigger fission unless precisely triggered
- PBX (explosive) : Plastic Bonded Explosive, a family of reduced sensitivity to insensitive high explosives
- Explosives in U.S. nuclear weapons : High explosives and components that are part of the initiation, assembly and compression systems of the fission device in weapons
- TATB : An insensitive high explosive (IHE) with the IUPAC name 1,3,5-triamino-2,4,6-trinitrobenzene and the trivial name triamino-trinitrobenzene; has been the principal IHE in recent U.S. nuclear weapons
- Kel-F : PCTFE (PolyChloroTriFluoroEthylene) polymer consisting of chlorotrifluoroethylene and vinylidine fluoride in a 3:1 ratio; most common name and trademark of 3M but no longer manufactured by the company — others Neoflon and Aclon; used in valves with low friction and high chemical resistance, and plastic bonded explosive and insensitive high explosive such as LX-17 and PBX-9502
- B61 tactical bomb, Mods 3, 4, 6-10 : A thermonuclear fusion device implemented as a "tactical" gravity bomb that has a low to medium variable yield; the B61-11 version has limited ground penetration capability
- W80 cruise missile warhead : -0 warhead for retired UGM-109 submarine-launched and -1 for AGM-86 air-launched cruise missile (ALCM) and AGM-129 stealth cruise missile; variable yield up to 200 kt.
- W85 airburst warhead : Air-burst 400 kt nuclear weapon for the Pershing II
- W86 ground-penetrating warhead : Ground-penetrating warhead for the Pershing II
- W90 warhead : Warhead for AGM-131A SRAM II missile for B-1 Lancer; cancelled due to both rocket problems and arms control; used PBX-9502
- W91 warhead : AGM-131B SRAM-T missile warhead for F-15 Eagle; cancelled due to both rocket problems and arms control; used PBX-9502; 300+ kt yield