Operation DESERT FOX/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Operation DESERT FOX, or pages that link to Operation DESERT FOX or to this page or whose text .
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- UNSCOM : A United Nations agency, created in April 1991, to inspect Iraq for weapons of mass destruction and long-range guided missiles, and to supervise destruction of weapons and production facilities
- Bill Clinton : US Democratic politician (1946– ); Governor of Arkansas 1983–1992; President of the United States 1993–2001, husband of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- Saddam Hussein : (1937–2006) Deposed and executed ruler of Iraq.
- BGM-109 Tomahawk : A U.S.-designed cruise missile, launched from vertical launch systems on ships and submarines, against land targets
- AGM-86 ALCM : A long-range cruise missile that can be delivered anywhere in the world from U.S. bases, employing blast or precision penetrating warheads
- B-1 Lancer : A U.S. supersonic-capable heavy bomber, with reduced observability but not the full stealth of the B-2 Spirit, which is limited to non-nuclear missions by strategic arms control agreements
- USS Enterprise (CVN-65) : First nuclear-propelled aircraft carrier of the United States Navy
- U.S. Navy : The branch of the United States Armed Forces charged with sea operations
- U.S. Marine Corps : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Air Force : Add brief definition or description
- Royal Air Force : The British military service primarily responsible for air warfare
- Security organization of Saddam Hussein : The multiple security organizations that protected the person, government, and sensitive projects of Saddam Hussein, also cross-checking one another
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.
- United States Central Command : Unified Combatant Command responsible for U.S. operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia, now under the command of General James Mattis