Okinawa Islands/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Okinawa Islands, or pages that link to Okinawa Islands or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Ryukyu Islands : (南西諸島 Nansei Shotoo 'Southwest Islands') subtropical Japanese island chain in the East China Sea, east of Taiwan; divided between Okinawa and Kagoshima prefectures and home to the Ryukyuan languages and people.
- Okinawa prefecture : (沖縄県 Okinawa-ken) Area of Japan consisting of many southerly islands of the Ryukyu Islands chain, with Okinawa Island the largest; population about 1,300,000.
- Okinawa Island : (沖縄本島 Okinawa-hontoo) largest island of Okinawa prefecture in the Japanese Ryukyu Islands chain, with Naha (那覇市 Naha-shi) its capital.
- Naha : Add brief definition or description
- Shuri, Okinawa : Add brief definition or description
- Okinawa, Okinawa : (沖縄市 Okinawa-shi) Second-largest city on Okinawa Island, located in the Ryukyu Islands chain of Japan.
- Shuri Castle : Add brief definition or description
- Battle of Okinawa : The longest, bloodiest U.S. World War II battle in which the Japanese island of Okinawa was captured in the spring of 1945.