National Counterterrorism Center/Related Articles
- See also changes related to National Counterterrorism Center, or pages that link to National Counterterrorism Center or to this page or whose text .
- Counterterrorism Center : A Central Intelligence Agency organization, unusual for the days before the 9-11 attack in that it mixed personnel from the operations and analytical directorates, as well from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Headed by Cofer Black; replaced by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Director of National Intelligence : The professional head of the United States Intelligence Community, reporting to the President, with Dennis Blair being replaced by James Clapper
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Cofer Black : Central Intelligence Agency officer who headed the Counterterrorism Center before the 9-11 attack, reporting directly to Jim Pavitt under George Tenet
- Gary Berntsen : Add brief definition or description
- Michael Scheuer : Former head of the Osama bin Laden/al-Qaeda unit in the Counterterrorism Center of the Central Intelligence Agency; critical of U.S. policies but with insightful analysis on what he sees as a complex enemy; contributor to AntiWar.com
- Gary Schroen : Add brief definition or description
- Richard Clarke : Career U.S. defense official who served in policy posts in the Ronald Reagan,George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush Administrations, specializing in counterterrorism in the latter two