- See also changes related to Multistatic, or pages that link to Multistatic or to this page or whose text .
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Sonar : A contraction of sound navigation and ranging, formally includes the active mode in which a pulse goes out and a receiver measures the echo. Also includes hydrophones or passive, listen-only systems.
- Bistatic : A detection system which comprises a transmitter and receiver which are separated by a distance that is comparable to the expected target distance.
- Modulation : The process of varying one waveform in relation to another waveform.
- Radar MASINT : The use of radar signals to obtain information beyond imaging of a target or its simple position, such as motion, reflectivity and surface characteristics, etc.; this technical information may be combined with imaging radar or traditional tracking radar
- Stealth : The popular term for a collection of techniques that make a military vehicle (air, space, land, sea, or undersea) hard to detect and harder to direct weapons against
- Time synchronization : Add brief definition or description