Michael Scheuer/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Michael Scheuer, or pages that link to Michael Scheuer or to this page or whose text .
- Counterterrorism : A range of activities that prevent attempted terrorism well before an actual act is close to being executed, including killing or capturing terrorists; complements and can include anti-terrorism, or measures taken to minimize the impact of an attempted or completed act; counterterrorism proper is "enemy centric" rather than counterinsurgency, which is "people-centric"
- Jihad : Literally meaning "struggle", a Muslim concept that can refer to an inward-directed personal process to submit to God's will, or to an external combat with the enemies of Islam
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- 1983 Beirut barracks bombings : Destruction of French and U.S. barracks containing peacekeepers, on October 23, 1983, by suicide bombers, by unknown actors often believed associated with Iran or Iranian-backed Hezbollah
- 1993 US missile attacks against Iraq : Add brief definition or description
- 1998 bombings of U.S. Embassies in Africa : Vehicle-borne suicide bomb attacks, conducted by al-Qaeda approximately nine minutes apart, on U.S. Embassies and civilian buildings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya on August 7, 1998
- 1998 US missile attacks against al-Qaeda : Add brief definition or description
- House of Saud : Current royal family of Saudi Arabia, whose first leader, Abd al-Aziz ibn Saud, took power in 1932; founded by Muhammad ibn Saud and associated with leadership of Wahhabism since 1744
- Cold war : Add brief definition or description
- Human rights : Natural civil and political rights considered universal and applicable to all human beings worldwide.
- Just war theory : The branch of ethics concerned with the basis for starting, conducting, and terminating wars
- 1979 Iranian revolution : Add brief definition or description