Man-portable air defense system/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Man-portable air defense system, or pages that link to Man-portable air defense system or to this page or whose text .
- Surface-to-air missile : A guided missile fired from land or water, to destroy aircraft and possibly missiles; naval versions may have a secondary anti-shipping missile capability
- 9K31 Strela-1 : A Soviet-designed, mobile, short-range surface-to-air missile, with the NATO reporting name "SA-9 GASKIN"; no longer a first-line Russian weapon, it is deployed on the BRDM armored reconnaissance vehicle chassis.
- FIM-92 Stinger : A second-generation United States Army surface-to-air missile that can be fired from a soldier's shoulder, from vehicle-mounted launchers, and, in an air-to-air missile configuration, from attack helicopters. Uses combined infrared-ultraviolet guidance to resist countermeasures.
- Infrared : Add brief definition or description
- Ultraviolet : The part of the electromagnetic spectrum between the visible light and X-ray regions
- AAQ-24 : A Directed Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) active electronic device that uses intense light to dazzle or burn out infrared missile seekers
- AAR-54 : Using multiple ultraviolet sensors, this is an missile exhaust detector and alarm
- AAR-57 : Mounted on aircraft, the system detects the ultraviolet energy emissions of missile threats