- See also changes related to LITENING, or pages that link to LITENING or to this page or whose text .
- Forward-looking infrared : An older term for thermal imaging systems, typically airborne, that can "see" objects by their heat emissions and difference from background, in conditions including night and fog
- Laser designator : A device that puts a distinctive, usually invisible, pattern of laser energy on an object, for purposes such as designating the target of a laser-guided bomb
- Laser rangefinder : A device, analogous to radar but using light rather than radio waves, which measures the distance to an object of interest.
- Low-light television : Night vision devices that are sensitive principally in the visible light spectrum, but at intensities below the threshold of human sight. If they have multiple image-forming elements sensitive to different visible wavelengths, they can produce color displays.
- AV-8B : Add brief definition or description
- A-10 Thunderbolt II : A heavily armed close air support and ground attack aircraft, which can loiter over a battlefield and then hit targets with great accuracy, while retaining high survivability against ground fire.
- B-52 : United States Air Force heavy bomber, first version flown in 1952, entered service in 1961, expected to stay operational until at least 2030
- F-15E Strike Eagle : A variant of the F-15 Eagle air superiority fighter, which is optimized for all-weather attack on ground targets
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- F-18 Hornet : A relatively lightweight carrier-capable multirole fighter, developed by the United States Navy and used by several nations, including Canada, in land-based roles; a fourth-generation fighter gradually being replaced by the F-18E/F Super Hornet, and then the F-35.
- F-18 Super Hornet : A new generation of carrier-based fighter beyond the F-18 Hornet, this evolution provides an architecture with even greater expansion, especially with the AN/APG-79 AESA radar, more powerful computers and communications, and a new engine with longer range.
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter : A family of 5th generation multirole fighter, being developed in versions to operate from conventional airfields, in short takeoff and vertical landing for small carrier and forward-based land operations, and in carrier-capable conventional takeoff and landing.