- Former Republic of Yugoslavia : Add brief definition or description
- Albania : Republic in south-eastern Europe (population c. 3.6 million; capital Tirana), with a long Adriatic coastline on the west and land borders with Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia and Greece.
- Serbia : Landlocked, former Yugoslav republic (population c. 10.2 million; capital Belgrade) in south-eastern Europe, having borders with Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Croatia.
- Operation ALLIED FORCE : A 1999 NATO air campaign intended to force the Former Republic of Yugoslavia, under Slobodan Milosevic, to cease ethnic cleansing in Kosovo.
- Clandestine human-source intelligence recruiting : The recruiting of human assets who do not work for a foreign intelligence service, as part of human-source intelligence.
- David McKiernan : A U.S Army General who was relieved early of command of the International Security Assistance Force, NATO's headquarters in Afghanistan; he commanded the ground forces in the Iraq War and is an armored combat specialist, as opposed to his replacement, GEN Stanley McChrystal, a special operations officer
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Precision-guided munition : A powered or unpowered weapon that adjusts its flight path to hit a specific target, with a circular error probability in the low number of meters, often less than the radius of destruction
- Ricardo Sanchez : Retired lieutenant general of armor, United States Army, who commanded the senior U.S. headquarters in Iraq when the Abu Ghraib prison scandal broke; involved in early attempts to deal realistically with the growing insurgency after the end of high-intensity combat
- Serbian language : Slavic language belonging to the Serbo-Croatian diasystem, spoken by Serbian people and Montenegrin people, mainly in Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo.
- Tony Blair : Former Labour Party politician and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1997-2007).
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- Richard Holbrooke : United States diplomat, currently the U.S. special envoy to South Asia, including Afghanistan; director, National Endowment for Democracy; Director, Atlantic Council