John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation/Related Articles
- See also changes related to John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, or pages that link to John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation or to this page or whose text .
- Philanthropy : Action for the love (or good) of humankind; can refer narrowly to fundraising or broadly to "private action for the public good".
- Robert Denham : Add brief definition or description Attorney with the law firm of Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP; chair of John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Board; former chair and Chief Executive Officer of Salomon Inc.
- Lloyd Axworthy : President and Vice-Chancellor of The University of Winnipeg; Chair, Americas, Board, Human Rights Watch; held numerous Canadian provincial and federal positions including the Cabinet; prior to the University, Director and CEO of the Liu Institute for Global Issues at the University of British Columbia
- John Seely Brown : Add brief definition or descriptionVisiting scholar and advisor to the Provost at the University of Southern California, independent co-chairman of Deloitte’s new Center for Edge Innovation.the former chief scientist of Xerox Corporation and former director of Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC); board member, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Mr. Brown co-founded the Institute for Research on Learning, which explores the problems of lifelong learning.
- Jack Fuller : Add brief definition or description was president of Tribune Publishing (1997-2001) and on its board of directors from 2001 until he retired in 2004. In 1986 he won a Pulitzer Prize for his editorials in the Chicago Tribune on constitutional issues. ; board member, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Robert Gallucci : resident of John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation; served as Dean of the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University; Ambassador-at-Large and Special Envoy for the U.S. State Department
- Jamie Gorelick : Partner, WilmerHale; Hillary Clinton supporter on Barack Obama transition teaml trustee, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace; member, 9-11 Commission and Council on Foreign Relations; former Vice Chairman of Fannie Mae 1993-2003; former Deputy Attorney General; former General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Defense
- Mary Graham : Add brief definition or description co-directs the Transparency Policy Project at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. Her current research focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of transparency systems as means of furthering public priorities. Board, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Donald R. Hopkins : Add brief definition or description is vice-president for health programs at The Carter Center, a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization based in Atlanta, GA. He is responsible for leading public health efforts such as the Center's worldwide Guinea worm eradication initiative and its efforts to fight river blindness and trachoma in Africa and Latin America. Formerly, he served for 20 years at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. He is the author of The Greatest Killer: Smallpox in History. Dr. Hopkins, a public health physician by training, is a member of the boards of Health & Development International, the Morehouse College Leadership Center, and the CDC Foundation.
- Daniel Huttenlocher : Add brief definition or description is Dean of Computing and Information Science at Cornell University, where he is the John P. and Rilla Neafsey Professor of Computing, Information Science and Business. His research interests include computer vision, social and information networks, collaboration tools, geometric algorithms, financial trading systems, and IT strategy. He holds 24 U.S. patents and has published more than 75 technical papers
- Will Miller : Add brief definition or descriptionChairman of Irwin Management Company; Member of the board of Yale University, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Cummins Foundation
- Mario J. Molina : Add brief definition or description Professor, University of California at San Diego (UCSD), with a joint appointment in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography. He is a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine, and of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. Mr. Molina received the Tyler Ecology & Energy Prize in 1983, the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1995, and the UNEP-Sasakawa Award in 1999.
- Marjorie M. Scardino : Attorney; Chief Executive Officer of Pearson PLC, a diversifed media and publishing company; board, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Carter Center, Oxfam and the Victoria & Albert Museum
- Claude Steele : Add brief definition or description Provost of Columbia University; board, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Social Science Research Council; former Director of the Center of Advanced Study in Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University
- Institute for Science and International Security : Nonpartisan U.S. based group focused on issues of nuclear nonproliferation; findings are generally disseminated
- National Security Archive, George Washington University : A nonprofit organization that collects, through legal action when necessary, government documents, especially declassified information