James Callaghan/Related Articles
- See also changes related to James Callaghan, or pages that link to James Callaghan or to this page or whose text .
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom : The head of the British government, usually the leader of the largest political party in the House of Commons.
- House of Commons (United Kingdom) : The primary legislative chamber of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
- Labour Party (UK) : Political party in the United Kingdom, founded at the start of the 20th century, and has been seen since 1920 as the principal party of the Left.
- European Community : Add brief definition or description
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- Trade union : A modern organization of workers, arising in the second half of the 19th century and representing workers in a single occupation (e.g. steelworkers, miners or teachers) or a broader class of workers (e.g. office workers).
- Winter of Discontent : A series of rolling strikes and industrial actions throughout the British winter of 1978–1979, which eventually led to the downfall of the Callaghan Labour government.