Jamaat al-Islamiyya/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Jamaat al-Islamiyya, or pages that link to Jamaat al-Islamiyya or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Jamaat al-Islamiyya. Needs checking by a human.
- 1993 World Trade Center bombing : A 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York, by a loose grouping of terrorists with both jihadist and specific anti-American and Israeli goals, killing 6 and injuring over 1000 people
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Ayman al-Zawahiri : Generally considered the #2 leader of al-Qaeda, an Egyptian physician who was mentored, in a faction of the Muslim Brotherhood, by Sayyid Qutb
- Egyptian Islamic Jihad : A jihadist organization formed in the 1970s, dormant by the 1990s, with the more extreme members probably in al-Qaeda along with the leader of the time, Ayman al-Zawahiri
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed : Described by the U.S. and by his own proud statement, the operational planner, for al-Qaeda, of the 9-11 attack; a U.S. High Value Detainee to be tried in a civilian criminal court in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- Ramzi Yousef : A participant in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, now serving life without parole in a U.S. prison; the nephew of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and involved in what, at the time, was an informal worldwide network of jihadists
- Secret society : A type of subculture with three characteristics: "it is exclusive, it claims to own special secrets, and it shows a strong inclination to favor its own" (Alan Axelrod).