Jalal Talabani/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Jalal Talabani, or pages that link to Jalal Talabani or to this page or whose text .
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Government of Iraq : The elected government of Iraq following the overthrow of Saddam Hussein, development of a new constitution, and transfer of sovereignty
- Kurdish people : Add brief definition or description
- Kurdish Democratic Party : One of the two major political parties of Iraqi Kurdistan. Its leader, Massoud Barzani, heads the Kurdistan Regional Government.
- Nouri al-Maliki : A Shi'ite who is Prime Minister of Iraq and head of the Islamic Dawa Party
- Massoud Barzani : President of the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq, and leader of the Kurdish Democratic Party
- Peshmerga : Literally "one who faces death" in the Kurdish language, both an umbrella term for Anti-Saddam insurgents in Kurdish Iraq, and for the fighters in the Greater Kurdistan movement
- Ahmed Chalabi : An Iraqi politician, who spent much of his time in exile or in Kurdistan, who has declining influence in the current situation but is still regarded as well-connected