Islamic Society of North America/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Islamic Society of North America, or pages that link to Islamic Society of North America or to this page or whose text .
- Islam : Religion founded by Muhammad whose sacred book is the Qur'an (Koran).
- Muslim American : A term for United States citizens of Muslim belief, by birth or conversion, or possibly who identify with a Muslim cultural heritage; sometimes incorrectly applied to immigrants from Muslim-majority countries who are not Muslim-identified
- Muslim Students Association : Add brief definition or description
- Amman Message : Add brief definition or description
- Mazen Asbahi : Attorney; Board member, Institute for Social Policy and Understanding; attorney and consultant; briefly National Outreach Coordinator for Muslim Americans and Arab Americans for the Barack Obama presidential campaign, 2008 but resigned
- Nihad Awad : Executive Director and Advisory Board, Council on American Islamic Relations; 1997 Vice President Al Gore’s Civil Rights Advisory Panel to the White House Commission on Aviation Safety and Security; 2000 American Muslim Political Coordinating Committee (AMPCC); U.S. Department of State’s “International Visitors Program”; one of a few Muslim leaders invited by President George W. Bush to the White House shortly after 9/11
- COMPASS : Add brief definition or description
- Halal : Muslim techniques and rituals for the slaughtering of meat animals
- Altaf Husain : Social worker and staff member of COMPASS, the Muslim Students Association (MSA) training organization; Diwan (executive committee), Muslim Alliance in North America; board member, Islamic Society of North America and Peaceful Families Project; two-term past President of MSA
- Muneer Fareed : Secretary General of the Islamic Society of North America; Fellow, Institute for Social Policy and Understanding; Previously Associate Professor of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies; Wayne State University
- Nabil Sadoun : Vice Chairman, Council on American Islamic Relations; Islamic education consultant working with the Islamic Services Foundation (ISF); member, American Academy of Religion (AAR), Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)
- Saudi Arabia : A country in the Middle East, governed by a monarchy under Islamic law, which includes the most revered sites in Islam, and also dominates the world's oil economy.
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad : A Sunni organization dedicated to the destruction of the State of Israel, not part of the Palestinian Authority or offering services in the Occupied Territories, with offices in Syria and Yemen
- Council on American Islamic Relations : Self-described as a Muslim American civil liberties and advocacy group, which makes its audited finances public, a group that has been challenged as a militant Islamic front by generally ideological critics
- Militant Islam Monitor : An online resource "documenting the activities and identities of Islamist individuals and groups in the United States and abroad". quoting Eliot Cohen that the "the War on Terror is World War IV", and Daniel Pipes saying "The enemy in this war is not terrorism, but militant Islam."
- Institute for Social Policy and Understanding : An independent nonprofit research organization that studies the interactions among US domestic and foreign policy, its impact on American society in general, and its Muslim communities in particular.