Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004, or pages that link to Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 or to this page or whose text .
- United States intelligence community : The United States' intelligence agencies coordinated by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
- Intelligence cycle management : The continuous process by which intelligence priorities are set, raw information collected, information analyzed, the processed information disseminated, and the next set or priorities set.
- 9-11 Attack : The largest terrorist attack on the continental United States, occurring on September 11, 2001, using hijacked airliners as suicide weapons against major buildings.
- 9-11 Commission : A bipartisan U.S. government committee, formally the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, that reviewed why the 9-11 Attack was not detected or averted, evaluated the response to it, and recommended improvements for the future
- Director of National Intelligence : The professional head of the United States Intelligence Community, reporting to the President, with Dennis Blair being replaced by James Clapper
- Director of Central Intelligence : Formerly, the U.S. official that headed both the Central Intelligence Agency and the United States intelligence community; the responsibility is now split between the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (currently Leon Panetta) and the Director of National Intelligence (currently Dennis Blair)
- Director of the Central Intelligence Agency : After the Director of National Intelligence was created to head the overall United States intelligence community, the official responsible for the remaining functions of the Central Intelligence Agency in intelligence analysis and research into intelligence methodology, clandestine human-source intelligence and some covert action
- Counterterrorism Center : A Central Intelligence Agency organization, unusual for the days before the 9-11 attack in that it mixed personnel from the operations and analytical directorates, as well from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Headed by Cofer Black; replaced by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- National Counterterrorism Center : Part of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the United States intelligence community interagency focal point on counterterrorism intelligence and covert operations
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence : That committee in the U.S. House of Representatives with oversight over the United States intelligence community
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence : Oversees the United States intelligence community for the Senate, submitting legislation and reports on the proper conduct of the program; Dianne Feinstein is chair and Christopher Bond is Ranking Minority Member; the four highest Senate leaders, of both parties, are ex officio members