Indigenous knowledge system/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Indigenous knowledge system, or pages that link to Indigenous knowledge system or to this page or whose text .
- Anthropology : The holistic study of humankind; from the Greek words anthropos ("human") and logia ("study").
- Traditional medicine : Methods of healthcare, not formulated based on scientific models or necessarily having demonstrated efficacy in randomized controlled trials, which still have a long history of safety and presumed efficacy as used in specific cultures
- Ayurveda : A traditional Hindu system of medicine, part of complementary and alternative medicine, using mind-body interactions and herbs
- Traditional African medicine : Add brief definition or description
- Traditional Chinese medicine : A system of traditional medicine which is based on the beliefs and practices of the Chinese culture. (Anonymous (2023), Traditional Chinese Medicine (English). Medical Subject Headings. U.S. National Library of Medicine.)
- Shamanism : Range of traditional beliefs and practices concerned with communication with the spirit world, and entering supernatural realms to obtain answers to the problems of their community.
- Animism : Add brief definition or description
- Phytotherapy : The therapeutic use of plants or plant extracts to prevent or treat disease; it is most commonly a form of complementary and alternative medicine, following long culturally-specific traditions such as herbalism. Chemically extracted and concentration-controlled plant-derived substances are used in conventional medicine, but are usually not considered phytotherapy.
- Sympathetic magic : The cultural concept that a symbol, or small aspect, of a more powerful entity can, as desired by the user, invoke or compel that entity