Health care economics/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Health care economics, or pages that link to Health care economics or to this page or whose text .
- Health : The default state of an organism under optimal conditions, a state characterized by the absence of disease and by the slowest natural rate of senescing.
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Fee-for-service : Add brief definition or description
- Health maintenance organization : Add brief definition or description
- Preferred provider organization : Add brief definition or description
- Capitation : Add brief definition or description
- Cochrane Collaboration : Group of volunteers who review the effects of health care interventions tested in biomedical randomized controlled trials.
- Health care reform : Rubric used for discussing major health policy creation or changes in governmental policy, that affects healthcare delivery in a given place.
- Integrative medicine : Organized health care that involves willing cooperation between mainstream and complementary medicine
- Outcomes research : Add brief definition or description
- Primary prevention : Specific practices for the prevention of disease or mental disorders in susceptible individuals or populations.
- Nosocomial infection : Add brief definition or description
- Health care single payer : Add brief definition or description
- Health care multiple payer : Add brief definition or description
- Nancy-Ann DeParle : Counselor to the President and director of the White House Office of Health Reform
- Edmund Haislmaier : Senior Research Fellow in Health Policy Studies, Domestic Policy, Heritage Foundation; designed Massachusetts coverage system; board of directors of the National Center for Public Policy Research; policy analyst, Pfizer Inc.'s Corporate Strategic Planning and Policy division from 1994-2004
- Uwe Reinhardt : Add brief definition or description
- 2009 White House Forum on Health Reform : March 2009 forum on healthcare economics, held at the White House
- Medicare : Title 18 of the U.S. Social Security Act. Provides medical and hospital care for the elderly and disabled.
- Small Business Majority : A nonprofit think tank and interest group focused on lowering the cost, for its small business members, of providing health care