State of Hawaii/Related Articles
- See also changes related to State of Hawaii, or pages that link to State of Hawaii or to this page or whose text .
- 1 Parent topics
- 2 Subtopics
- 2.1 Principal cities
- 2.2 Politics and government
- 2.3 Social, cultural, and educational
- 2.4 Industry and agriculture
- 2.5 Geographical and geological features
- 2.6 Noteworthy places
- 2.7 People
- 2.8 Federal
- 2.9 Hawaii state history
- 3 Other related topics
- 4 Subtopics
- 5 Other related topics
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- Polynesia : Add brief definition or description
Politics and government
- Daniel Akaka : U.S. Senator (D-Hawaii); Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; Senate Armed Services Committee; Executive board, Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
- Daniel Inouye : U.S. Senator (D-Hawaii); Medal of Honor recipient for WWII service with 442nd Regimental Combat Team; Executive board, Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
U.S. House of Representatives
- Neil Abercrombie : U.S House of Representatives (D-Hawaii) but resigned to campaign for Governor of Hawaii; U.S. House Armed Services Committee; voted against Iraq War authorization; Out of Iraq Caucus; Executive board, Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus; Congressional Rural Healthcare Coalition; Congressional Progressive Caucus
- Mazie K. Hirono : Add brief definition or description
Social, cultural, and educational
- To include 4 yr colleges and universities, also museums, zoos, etc
Industry and agriculture
- Principal crops and farming-related articles, industrial products, etc
Geographical and geological features
- Examples: Hoover Dam
- Either native born or important in some way to the state
Hawaii state history
Associated U.S. states and Canadian provinces
- Tribes, reservations, etc
- Hawaiian language : One of the two official languages in the State of Hawaii
- English language : A West Germanic language widely spoken in the United Kingdom, its territories and dependencies, Commonwealth countries and former colonial outposts of the British Empire; has developed the status of a global language.
- Hawaiian Creole : Creole language (created through children acquiring a pidgin as their first language and thereby making it complex) popularly known as Hawaiian 'Pidgin', with vocabulary largely from English; spoken in the U.S. state of Hawaii, it replaced an earlier pidgin based on the Hawaiian language.
- Japanese language : (日本語 Nihongo), Japonic language spoken mostly in Japan; Japonic family's linguistic relationship to other tongues yet to be established, though Japanese may be related to Korean; written in a combination of Chinese-derived characters (漢字 kanji) and native hiragana (ひらがな) and katakana (カタカナ) scripts; about 125,000,000 native speakers worldwide.
- Filipino language : Add brief definition or description
- Chinese language : Collective term for varieties of the Sino-Tibetan language family spoken in China; linguistically several different languages, but in broad cultural terms often seen as a single form.
- Portuguese language : An Iberian Romance language, of the Indo-European family.
- Pidgin Hawaiian : Extinct pidgin language spoken in Hawaii, which drew most of its vocabulary from Hawaiian; spoken mainly by immigrants to Hawaii, and died out in the early twentieth century.