Gulf War, Iraqi integrated air defense system/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Gulf War, Iraqi integrated air defense system, or pages that link to Gulf War, Iraqi integrated air defense system or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Gulf War, Iraqi integrated air defense system. Needs checking by a human.
- 9K31 Strela-1 : A Soviet-designed, mobile, short-range surface-to-air missile, with the NATO reporting name "SA-9 GASKIN"; no longer a first-line Russian weapon, it is deployed on the BRDM armored reconnaissance vehicle chassis.
- 9K33M3 Osa-AKM : A widely used, highly mobile short-range, low-altitude Soviet-designed surface-to-air missile
- Anti-aircraft artillery : A general term for guns that can elevate to high angles and shoot accurately at aircraft, using visual, electro-optical, or radar guidance.
- Gulf War : The conflict started by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, and ended with the liberation of Kuwait and major damage to Iraqi forces, by a US-led UN coalition in 1991.
- Integrated air defense system : An air defense that combines radar, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles, and fighter aircraft, presenting multiple layers of defense under systematic command and control
- Operation DESERT STORM : That part of the Gulf War, beginning with the first air strikes at 02:00 local time, 17 January 1991, until the main ground assault into Kuwait, Operation DESERT SABRE
- Operation ROLLING THUNDER : Initial sustained U.S. air campaign against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam), based on a controversial model of retaliation and gradually increasing pressure rather than a short and intense campaign intended to destroy, not dissuade and punish
- Republican Guard : Well-trained, equipped, and presumably politically loyal ground troops of Saddam Hussein's military
- SPOON REST radar : The elderly but still common Soviet-designed P-12 early warning and search radar, developed for the S-75 Dvina and enjoying some resurgence as it works outside the frequencies against which stealth is optimized