Global Information Grid/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Global Information Grid, or pages that link to Global Information Grid or to this page or whose text .
- Command and control : The combination of lawful authority over people and resources, coupled with the methods of directing their execution of missions and tasks directed at goals set by that authority
- United States Strategic Command : The U.S. unified headquarters for the missions of worldwide nuclear and conventional precision strike; command, control, communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in support of strategic operations; global network operations of the Global Information Grid, information operations, ballistic missile defense, and reduction of Weapons of Mass Destruction threats
- Army Battle Command System : The set of information systems and components that support the operational-level command and control of the U.S. Army, abbreviated ABCS
- Global Command and Control System-Maritime : U.S. Navy component of the Global Information Grid
- Joint Operation Planning and Execution System : For the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, the information system for joint planning and execution of joint (i.e., multiservice) operations
- Theater Battle Management Core System : The major U.S. software system for preparing and executing an air tasking order at the theater of operations (i.e., Unified Combatant Command) level
- Air tasking order : The process and documentation of plans for the coordinated use of air and missile resources, and ground systems, such as electronic warfare and intelligence collection, which may interact with them
- Joint Chiefs of Staff : The staff committee of the most senior members of the U.S. military services, charged with policy advice, doctrinal development, and preparedness rather than operational control of forces
- National Command Authority : The combination of the U.S. President and Secretary of Defense, or their successors, who have the sole authority to authorize the use of nuclear weapons, or issue orders to Unified Combatant Commands
- NIPRNET : The common user network intended to carry U.S. military "sensitive but unclassified" traffic for military personnel, government employees, military contractors, and approved allies
- SIPRNET : The shared United States Department of Defense network that carries the bulk of classified information, limited to a security classification of SECRET.
- JWICS : A military and intelligence communications system approved for classified information designated collateral TOP SECRET, as well as any information in a compartmented control system such as Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Access Program (SAP)