< GhilzaiJump to navigation Jump to search
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Ghilzai. Needs checking by a human.
- Abdul Rashid Dostum : Afghan Uzbek warlord who had been the dominant figure in the north, although he may have gone into exile in Turkey
- Durrani : One of the two major tribes of the Pashtun people
- Jalaluddin Haqqani : Commander of Taliban armed forces but also a Pashtun Ghilzai with independent affiliations with Pakistan, both Inter-Service Intelligence and tribal, as well as his home area of Afghanistan
- Kandahar Province : Add brief definition or description
- Lodhi dynasty : Add brief definition or description
- Lodhi : A Pashtun tribe, a sub-group of the larger Ghilzais of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Mazar-e-Sharif : Afghanistan's second-largest city, in its north
- Paktika Province : A province of eastern Afghanistan, on the border with Pakistan
- Pashtun people : An Eastern Iranian ethnic group primarily located in Southern Afghanistan in the Northwest Frontier Province, Federally Administered Tribal Area and Balochistan Province of western Pakistan; language is Pashto
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Yunis Khalis : An early leader of the mujahideen (1919-2006), whose stronghold was Jalalabad in Nangarhar Province.