George Kennan/Related Articles
- See also changes related to George Kennan, or pages that link to George Kennan or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. foreign policy : The foreign relations and diplomacy of the United States since 1775.
- U.S. Department of State : Agency of the executive branch of the U.S. government responsible for foreign policy and the conduct of American diplomacy.
- Containment policy : A U.S. foreign policy doctrine of the Cold War, begun in 1947, focusing on keeping Communist nations "contained" from further expansion, rather than direct confrontation
- Grace Kennan Warnecke : Television producer and consultant; Trustee, National Committee on American Foreign Policy; eldest daughter of George Kennan
- Policy Planning Staff : An organization in the U.S. Department of State, principally assisting the Secretary with long-term planning, liaison with outside experts, and bringing dissenting views to high-level officials
- U.S. Ambassador to the Soviet Union : Add brief definition or description
- Berlin Blockade : The period, from June 24, 1948 to May 11, 1949, when the Soviet Union cut all land routes to Berlin
- CIA activities in Europe and Russia : Add brief definition or description
- Dwight D. Eisenhower : (1890-1969) A career soldier who was the top Allied commander in Europe in World War II, and who later served as the 34th president of the United States (1953-1961).
- George C. Marshall : Army Chief of Staff (WWII), Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense (Korean War)and sponsor of the Marshall Plan.
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.
- Harry S. Truman : (1884-1972) President of the U.S. from 1945 to 1953.
- Open Door policy : Add brief definition or description