GBU-53 Small Diameter Bomb/Related Articles
- See also changes related to GBU-53 Small Diameter Bomb, or pages that link to GBU-53 Small Diameter Bomb or to this page or whose text .
- Guided bomb : An unpowered, aircraft delivered weapon, which adjusts its course using aerodynamic control surfaces, and is controlled by a human operator or on-board autonomous guidance
- Raytheon : A large US technology company, much of whose market is military, but also provides products, especially electronics, to the civilian sector
- Lockheed Martin : One of the largest U.S. aerospace and military manufacturing & services firms
- Boeing : US-based company making aircraft and spacecraft.
- GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb : A relatively small U.S. guided bomb, several of which can be carried in a single rack position intended for Mark 8x series conventional bombs; with its accurate guidance, and the use of a new explosive, AFX-757, which puts higher pressure into a smaller radius, it reduces collateral damage while allowing more targets to be hit in a sortie
- Joint Direct Attack Munition : An add-on guidance kit that converts a standard Mark 8x "dumb bomb", or ballistic equivalent, into a precision-guided munition, using inertial navigation enhanced with GPS satellite navigation
- Joint Air Ground Missile : Add brief definition or description
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System : The primary communications system used for sharing tactical information internally, and among NATO, Australia, and other U.S. allies