GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb/Related Articles
- See also changes related to GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb, or pages that link to GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb or to this page or whose text .
- Guided bomb : An unpowered, aircraft delivered weapon, which adjusts its course using aerodynamic control surfaces, and is controlled by a human operator or on-board autonomous guidance
- Joint Direct Attack Munition : An add-on guidance kit that converts a standard Mark 8x "dumb bomb", or ballistic equivalent, into a precision-guided munition, using inertial navigation enhanced with GPS satellite navigation
- Global Positioning System : Originally developed for U.S. military needs, a satellite-based system for obtaining precise position and time information; the most widely used part of the Global Navigation Satellite System
- GBU-53 : Second generation of the GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb, now in development, with inertial navigation supplemented with GPS for midcourse guidance, an multiple terminal guidance modes using the Common Tri-Mode Seeker (laser, imaging infrared, radar, GPS); has the ability to hit moving targets
- Collateral damage : Undesired damage to living things and property caused by the effects of a weapon on a desired target
- Dense inert metal explosive : Combinations of high explosive and dense metal dust, intended to decrease blast radius while increasing forcce within that radius
- Fratricide (military) : The killing of one's brother, but in a military context, the killing of one's own forces ("friendly fire").