First Air Force
Headquartered at Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida, the U.S. First Air Force is a numbered air force subcommand of the United States Air Force. It is the air component of United States Northern Command, which includes the North American Air Defense Command. Major general Garry Dean is its commander.
It is responsible for the Air Force component of search and rescue in North America.
Regular Air Force units
- Western Air Defense Sector (WADS), McChord Air Force Base, Washington
- Joint Based Expeditionary Connectivity Center (JBECC), Tyndall AFB
- Eastern Air Defense Sector(NEADS), Rome Air Force Base, New York
- 601st Air Operations Group
- Air Force Rescue Coordination Center(AFRCC), Tyndall AFB
- Air Forces Northern National Security Emergency Preparedness Agency(AFNSEP), Tyndall AFB
- 722 Support Squadron, North Bay Canada
- Detachment 1, 1 AF, Winnipeg
- 702 Computer Systems Squadron, Tyndall AFB
Air National Guard units
- 102nd Intelligence Wing, Otis, Mass.
- 119th Wing, Fargo, N.D.
- 120th Fighter Wing, Great Falls, Mont.
- 125th Fighter Wing, Jacksonville, Fla.
- 142nd Fighter Wing, Portland, Ore.
- 144th Fighter Wing, Fresno, Calif.
- 147th Reconnaissance Wing, Houston, Texas
- 148th Fighter Wing Duluth, Minn.
- 158th Fighter Wing, Burlington, Vt.
- 177th Fighter Wing, Atlantic City N.J.
- 101 Information Operations Flight