- Bomber aircraft : Airplanes optimized to deliver weapons to surface targets, rather than to fight other airplanes.
- Royal Australian Air Force : The part of the Australian Defence Force with primary responsibility for airpower, including maritime patrol aircraft
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- ALQ-165 : An obsolete electronic warfare jammer on F-111 and F-18 Super Hornet aircraft, replaced on the Super Hornets with the AN/ALQ-214
- ALR-41 : A radar warning receiver based on the AN/ALR-36 and used in the F-111. It was replaced by the AN/ALR-62.
- Operation LINEBACKER II : The most intense air campaign of the Vietnam War, directed against North Vietnam to force it back to the Paris Peace Talks; a peace agreement was signed one month after the start of the 11 days of attacks
- Operation ELDORADO CANYON : 1986 U.S. air raid on Libya in retaliation for a terrorist bombing of Berlin discotheque frequented by Americans
- Operation DESERT STORM : That part of the Gulf War, beginning with the first air strikes at 02:00 local time, 17 January 1991, until the main ground assault into Kuwait, Operation DESERT SABRE