The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on audio and video
The original 12 radio episodes (from 1978 and 1980) are available in CD sets from BBC Audio (as The Primary & Secondary Phases), as well as on a single MP3-CD. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was the first radio series released on Compact Disc and on MP3-CD, respectively, by the then BBC Radio Collection. The three additional phases adapted from the last three books in the series are available from BBC Audio. The Tertiary Phase was broadcast on BBC Radio 21st September to 26th October 2004, whilst The Quandary Phase was broadcast 3rd May to 24th May 2005, and The Quintessential Phase followed immediately afterwards, from 31st May through to 21st June 2005. A script book for the original 12 episodes has been published, and a new script book for the final 14 episodes was published in July 2005. BBC Audio released a CD boxset containing all 26 episodes in October 2005. A DVD release of each of the three 2004–2005 series, featuring mixes in 5.1 surround sound, are also planned for release in 2006, starting in October, per Dirk Maggs. However, as of December 2006, only the Tertiary Phase has been released on DVD. While the first disc is not a DVD-Audio, as was originally announced, it still marks the first release of any radio series in a 5.1 mix on DVD by BBC Audio. The six-episode TV adaptation is also available from the BBC (or its distributors, e.g. Warner Home Video in the USA and Canada) on VHS and DVD.
- Monty Python's Flying Circus Episode 45, Party Political Broadcast on Behalf of the Liberal Party (1972)
- The Pirate Planet - a Doctor Who serial first broadcast in 1978, available on VHS and DVD
- City of Death - a Doctor Who serial, co-written with Graham Williams, based on a story by David Fisher, first broadcast in October 1978, available on VHS and DVD.
- Shada - a Doctor Who serial, originally intended to be broadcast in January/February 1980. Available footage released on video in 1992. A complete, animated form was made available on the web in 2003, and on CD later that same year.
- Hyperland (TV documentary) (1990)
- The Internet: The Last Battleground of the 20th century (radio series) (2000)
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future (radio series) (2001)
In 2004, BBC Audio published a 3-CD set entitled Douglas Adams at the BBC, which covers the author's work from 1974 to 2003, including posthumous projects and tributes. The CD is again narrated by Simon Jones.