Defense Policy Board/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Defense Policy Board, or pages that link to Defense Policy Board or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Defense Policy Board. Needs checking by a human.
- Andrew Krepinevich : President of the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments; Defense Policy Board; Council on Foreign Relations; author on strategy; past experience in the Office of Net Assessment, Defense Science Board, and personal staff of three Secretaries of Defense; retired U.S. Army officer
- Barry Blechman : Co-founder and board member, Henry L. Stimson Center; Commission to Assess the Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States (Rumsfeld Commission) (1998-99), Defense Policy Board (2002-06), Department of State Advisory Committee on Transformational Diplomacy; Member, Committee on the Present Danger; Founder, DFI International
- Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments : A non-partisan, Washington, D.C. based think tank for national security and investment options.
- Center for a New American Security : A fairly new national security think tank, the founders of which are now in the Obama administration; some of the new senior members have significant field counterinsurgency experience
- Chief of Staff of the Army : Uniformed professional head of the United States Army, a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and of four-star general rank
- Committee on the Present Danger : An interest group that has been formed periodically to draw attention to a threat to the United States
- Council on Foreign Relations : An influential "think tank", publisher, and facilitator of communications in international relations; based in the US but with an international membership and not associated with a specific ideology
- Counterinsurgency : Theory and practice of defeating insurgency without creating even more local resistance or strategic failures
- Elliot Cohen : Robert E. Osgood Professor of Strategic Studies, Director of Strategic Studies Program, and Director of Philip Merrill Center for Strategic Studies, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University; former Counselor to the U.S. Department of State; former professor at Harvard University and U.S. Naval War College; director of U.S. Air Force’s Gulf War Air Power Survey; member of Defense Policy Board; editorial board, Middle East Review of International Affairs
- Fred Ikle : Researcher and professor of international affairs, especially negotiation and decisionmaking; Distinguished Scholar, Center for Strategic and International Studies; subcabinet national security official in multiple Republican administrations; advisory council, The National Interest; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Board Member, Defense Forum Foundation; Board member, U.S. Committee for Human Rights in North Korea; member Defense Policy Board; Governor, Smith Richardson Foundation; former head of the social science department of the RAND Corporation
- Henry L. Stimson Center : A think tank that concentrates on approaches to planning and education for regional stability, counterproliferation, and other specific areas
- Institute for Defense Analyses : A U.S. government-funded think tank, originally created in 1947, principally to assist the Office of the Secretary of Defense and the Joint Chiefs of Staff in weapons evaluation, and then monitoring and guiding research. Its mission has broadened to include the support of several other Federal agencies, including Presidential staff
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- International Institute for Strategic Studies : A UK-based think tank with offices in the US and Singapore, founded in 1958; publishes The Military Balance, Strategic Survey, Survival: Global Politics and Strategy, Strategic Comment
- Jack Keane : Defense Policy Board; Senior advisor, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.; Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments; General in the United States Army, who was Vice Chief of Staff between 1999 and 2003, and made major policy change recommendations about Guantanamo detention camp; in retirement, stayed in civilian status but became a major advisor for the Iraq War, Surge; Military Senior Advisor Panel, Iraq Study Group
- John Nagl : President of the Center for a New American Security; member of the Defense Policy Board,a Visiting Professor in the War Studies Department at Kings College of London, member Council on Foreign Relations, International Institute for Strategic Studies; retired lieutenant colonel, United States Army; combat experience in Gulf War and Iraq War
- Larry Welch : Board of Directors, Henry L. Stimson Center; Board of Directors, former President, Institute for Defense Analyses; member, Defense Policy Board; General, U.S. Air Force, retired; former Chief of Staff of the Air Force and commanding general of the Strategic Air Command; established the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies
- Laurent Murawiec : (1951-2009} Senior fellow, Hudson Institute; formerly policy analyst, RAND Corporation; former editor, Executive Intelligence Review produced by Lyndon LaRouche; consultant for Marc Rich's foundations; expert list, Middle East Forum; member, Committee for the Present Danger
- Middle East Review of International Affairs : Add brief definition or description
- Ray Odierno : General, United States Army, commanding Multi-National Force-Iraq; commanded 4th Infantry Division (U.S.) at end of major combat of the Iraq War
- Richard Perle : An American political scientist who has been an important advisor and facilitator, rather than executive, for U.S. foreign policy and is associated with neoconservatism
- School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University : A branch of Johns Hopkins University, located in Washington DC, which is both a graduate school and a major research center in international relations
- Stephen Biddle : Senior Fellow for Defense Policy at the Council on Foreign Relations; member GEN Stanley McChrystal's Strategic Assessment Group for the Afghanistan War (2001-); former faculty, U.S. Army War College
- Veterans of Foreign Wars : United States interest group devoted to military veterans of foreign wars.