Dana D. Nelson/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Dana D. Nelson, or pages that link to Dana D. Nelson or to this page or whose text .
- Democracy : A form of government in which ultimate sovereignty rests with the people.
- Citizenship : A formal relationship between a citizen and a particular social, political, national or international community
- American progressivism : A changing term in American political ideology, from the Progressive Era to the Cold War to the present time, when it tends to refer to a wide spectrum from center-left to far left, often positioned as an alternative to American conservatism
- Social capital : Productive assets arising out of social relations, such as trust, cooperation, solidarity, social networks of relations and those beliefs, ideologies and institutions that contribute to production of goods.
- President of the United States : Add brief definition or description
- Presidentialism : Add brief definition or description
- Unitary executive theory : A U.S. concept of constitutional law and politics, which believes that the President of the United States has a right, and indeed an obligation, to take certain actions without Congressional or Judicial checks and balances
Unitary executive theory
- Dick Cheney : (1941–) U.S. Vice President in the George W. Bush Administration and advocate of neoconservatism and unitary Presidential authority; currently a political commentator; U.S. Secretary of Defense in the George H. W. Bush Administration; spouse of Lynne Cheney; father of Liz Cheney
- David Addington : U.S. lawyer, closely affiliated with Dick Cheney, who is an advocate of extremely strong Presidential power
- John Yoo : Professor of law at the University of California at Berkeley School of Law since 1993; between 2001 and 2003; deputy assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel, working on separation of powers, presidential authority, intelligence interrogation and extraordinary rendition; Visiting Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute