Channel Dash/Related Articles
- World War II : War between the Allies (most notably the UK, US and Soviet Union) and the Axis (principally Germany and Japan) 1939–1945.
- English Channel : Sea channel running between the south coast of England and the north coast of France.
- Battlecruiser : A large warship with guns comparable to those of a battleship, equal or greater speed, but less armor; "can catch what it can kill and run away from what can kill it"; had disastrous experiences when fighting true battleships
- DKM Gneisenau : Second ship of the Scharnhorst-class, German battlecruiser of the Second World War, conduted commerce raiding and Channel Dash; damaged by bombing and eventually scuttled as a blockship
- DKM Scharnhorst : German battlecruiser of the Second World War, successfully made the Channel Dash; sunk in the last pure surface gunfire action in the Battle of North Cape
- Cruiser : While definitions vary with time and doctrine, a large warship capable of acting independently, as a flagship, or a major escort; capabilities include anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, land attack, and possibly ballistic missile defense
- Torpedo aircraft : Add brief definition or description