CZ:Management Council Motions Passed/Archive 2010
Motions passed in year 2010
2010-001, 25 October 2010:
The MC appoints D. Matt Innis as Chief Constable.
2010-002, 26 October 2010:
As per an email discussion and vote, the Management Council has unanimously elected Russell D. Jones as it's chair.
2010-003, 27 October 2010:
The MC appoints Ruth Ifcher as Chief Constable Emeritus, the duties of which are that the Chief Constable Emeritus is to remain available for consultation by the MC or Constabulary on matters pertaining to the Constabulary.
2010-004, 28 October 2010:
The MC authorize the Technical Lead or other individual to create a wiki-space on the CZ servers for the use of the Editorial Council as per the instructions from the Secretary of the EC.
2010- 005, 28 October 2010:
The MC appoints Anton Sweeney as Constable.
2010-006, 29 October 2010:
The MC appoints Greg Sabino Mullane as Technical Lead.
2010-007, 2 November 2010:
(1) The Management Council will have a publicly accessible forum board which is read-only to anyone not on the Management Council. It will be used for the majority of discussion between members of the Management Council.
(2) The Management Council will have a private forum board which is hidden from anyone who is not on the Management Council. It will be used for sensitive discussions between members of the Management Council. The definition of 'sensitive discussions' is defined elsewhere.
(3) The Management Council will have a public forum board on which any Citizen may post, reply and view topics. It will be used to allow Citizens to publicly communicate with the Management Council.
(4) The Management Council will have a private forum board on which any Citizen may post, however they will only see topics that they have started. It will be used to allow Citizens to privately communicate with the Management Council.
2010-008, 3 November 2010:
(1) All our voting on any subject shall occur over a 24 hour period or until all five members have voted, whichever comes first, so that all of us in greatly different time zones can participate in making decisions.
(2) All our votes shall be decided by a simple majority. Thus, at least three (3) yes votes shall mean that the matter being voted upon is approved whereas at least three (3) no votes shall mean that matter is not approved.
(3) Once a motion has not changed for 24 hours, any member can request to end discussion. Upon a second, debate shall close and a vote on the resolution will be taken. If all members agree, a vote to end discussion may occur prior to the end of the 24 hour wait period.
(4) Postings by the chair as the chair shall not be recognized as seconding any proposal nor shall they be considered in the calculation of a quorum.
2010-009, 5 November 2010:
The MC authorizes technical staff to back up all CZ data.
2010-010, 16 November 2010:
The MC authorizes tech staff to take any steps necessary, including moving applications to non-Steadfast servers, in order to keep Citizendium's applications running.
2010-011, 18 November 2010:
The MC authorizes Dan Nessett to approach Steadfast Networks about reducing our server costs and report back to the MC what changes to our server architecture this would imply.
2010-012, 18 November 2010:
The MC authorizes Milt Beychok to pay the November bill from Steadfast Networks. Payment should occur in sufficient time that it reaches Steadfast by the end of November.
2010-013, 23 November 2010:
The MC appoints Bruce Tindall as a Constable.
2010-014, 24 November 2010:
The MC authorises the creation of a Google Analytics account and the installation of the Google Analytics Integration extension, specifically the version which allows logged-in users to be excluded.
2010-015, 24 November 2010:
The MC authorizes Dan Nessett to negotiate on behalf of the Citizendium a tentative service contract for the purpose of hosting the Citizendium at a price not to exceed $400/month. The tentative service contract will be approved by the MC.
2010-016, 4 December 2010:
The MC authorises Chris Key and Joe Quick to release any information gathered by Google Analytics in any format.