C-130 Hercules/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to C-130 Hercules, or pages that link to C-130 Hercules or to this page or whose text .
- Transport aircraft : Fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, or tilt-rotor aircraft whose primary role is moving people or cargo; they may be armed for self-protection
- Air assault : Military operations in which infantry are carried by aircraft onto, or very near, the target, or by parachuting. The aircraft may be helicopters, tilt-rotor aircraft, short-landing transports, or, historically, gliders.
- Air refueling : Transferring fuel from one aircraft to another while both are in flight.
- Lockheed Martin : One of the largest U.S. aerospace and military manufacturing & services firms
- Tactical mobility : A term that has evolved away from the concept of being able to move over any terrain (e.g., as characteristic of tracked vehicles such as tanks to vehicles that do not need advanced transportation infrastructures (e.g., bridges able to carry 70-ton tanks, heavy equipment transport trucks to save tread wear), can be lifted by medium or heavy helicopters, and can maneuver in relatively narrow streets
- United States Air Force : Branch of the U.S. armed forces responsible for land-based aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- AC-130 : Heavily armed transport aircraft, based on the C-130 Hercules, used to provide air support to special operations forces.
- EC-130 COMMANDO SOLO : C-130 Hercules aircraft variant with transmitters for psychological operations and communications jamming.
- EC-130 COMPASS CALL : electronic warfare (communications jamming) and communications intelligence aircraft, optimized for broadcast bands of television and radio
- KC-130 : A United States Marine Corps airborne tanker, which flies from land bases, and is frequently used to refuel Navy as well as Marine aircraft
- LC-130 : Variant of the C-130 Hercules transport aircraft equipped with skis for polar operations.
- MC-130 COMBAT SPEAR : Evolutionary upgrade of the MC-130H COMBAT TALON II, with improved avionics, structure, and ability to support CV-22 Ospreys as well as helicopters
- MC-130 COMBAT TALON : Special operations transport aircraft primarily intended to support ground forces in denied areas, by airdrop or assault landing; secondary capability of helicopter refueling and navigational assistance.
- C-130 Avionics Modernization Program : Add brief definition or description
- AN/AAQ-24 : A Directed Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) active electronic device that uses intense light to dazzle or burn out infrared missile seekers
- AN/AAR-47 : A threat detector for aircraft; all versions detect the heat of oncoming missiles; modified versions also detect laser designator beams
- AN/AAR-57 : Mounted on aircraft, the system detects the ultraviolet energy emissions of missile threats
- AN/ALE-55 : An active electronic attack remote device targeted at radar, spooled out by an AN/ALE-47 dispenser, which can run through the flame of an afterburner and, at the end of its tether, act as a deceptive decoy trackbreaker or a seductive sacrificial decoy
- AN/ALQ-131 : A pod-mounted intelligent radar jammer of 1990 vintage, with capabilities against both continuous wave and pulse radar in different frequency bands
- AN/ALQ-184 : A 1990s-vintage multiband radar jammer, in current use, that can use the AN/ALE-50 towed decoy, used by the U.S. and Taiwan
- AN/ALQ-213 : A Danish Air Force-designed electronics countermeasures suite controller used on aircraft of many countries
- AN/ALR-69 : A radar warning receiver that characterizes the threat beyond simple warning; of early 2000s vintage on aircraft including the A-10 Thunderbolt II, MC-130 COMBAT TALON, MH-53 PAVE LOW, F-16 Fighting Falcon and C-130 Hercules
- AN/ALR-93 : Add brief definition or description
- AN/ARC-164 : Add brief definition or description