Brain surface/Related Articles
Brain surface: A synonym for cortical surface.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Cerebral cortex : External tissue layer within the vertebrate brain, ensheathed by the pia mater; home to the nerve cell bodies; important in learning and dementia.
- Surface-based morphometry : A set of computer graphics techniques used to analyze the surface structure of the brain.
- White matter surface : The boundary between white and grey matter of the cerebral cortex, as reconstructed from neuroimaging data.
- Pial surface : A surface representing the boundary between grey matter and cerebrospinal fluid, as reconstructed from neuroimaging data; roughly corresponds to the position of the pia mater.
- Central surface : A surface in between the pial surface and the white matter surface of the cerebral cortex, as reconstructed from neuroimaging data; roughly corresponds to the cortical lamina IV.