- See also changes related to Boobytrap, or pages that link to Boobytrap or to this page or whose text .
- Infantry : Soldiers that directly confront the enemy, overcoming them with fire and maneuver while on foot or in specialized vehicles
- Improvised explosive device : A destructive device, not completely made from purpose-built military components, that is intended to cause destruction by means of an explosive charge and perhaps other components that increase damage
- Punji stake : Add brief definition or description
- Mine (land warfare) : A destructive device used in land warfare, which waits passively for a target and then detonates due to some action or physical property of the target; in general usage, mines are purpose-built while improvised explosive devices are not
Wars with intense boobytrap use
- World War II, Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces