Battle of North Cape/Related Articles
- World War II : War between the Allies (most notably the UK, US and Soviet Union) and the Axis (principally Germany and Japan) 1939–1945.
- Naval guns and gunnery : Artillery weapons on ships, and techniques and devices for aiming them.
- Battleship : A heavily-armored, warship optimized for fighting other warships using large-caliber guns; certain armor requirements differentiated from cruisers; obsolete by end of World War II.
- Battlecruiser : A large warship with guns comparable to those of a battleship, equal or greater speed, but less armor; "can catch what it can kill and run away from what can kill it"; had disastrous experiences when fighting true battleships
- Cruiser : While definitions vary with time and doctrine, a large warship capable of acting independently, as a flagship, or a major escort; capabilities include anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, land attack, and possibly ballistic missile defense