Ban Me Thuot/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Ban Me Thuot, or pages that link to Ban Me Thuot or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Ban Me Thuot. Needs checking by a human.
- Binh Dinh Province : A coastal province of central Vietnam
- Cambodia : A country of Southeast Asia, on the Gulf of Thailand, sharing borders with Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos
- Dac Lac Province : With Ban Me Thuot as its capital, the largest province of the Central Highlands of Vietnam
- Fall of South Vietnam : The result of a series of conventional military actions by the People's Army of Viet Nam, under the direction of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which led to the dissolution of the Republic of Vietnam and the reunification of North and South Vietnam into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Gia Lai Province : Province of the Central Highlands of Vietnam, whose capital is Pleiku.
- Gulf of Tonkin : A region of the South China Sea partially bounded by the land masses of China and Vietnam, and containing uninhabited island groups of economic significance claimed by both
- Hanoi : Located on the Red River in northern Vietnam (i.e., Tonkin), it is the national capital, about 65 miles west of Haiphong, on the South China Sea
- II Corps tactical zone : The geographical command of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam that covered more land mass than any other region, in Central Vietnam including the Highlands. It roughly corresponded with the operational area of the U.S. II Field Force Vietnam.
- Khanh Hoa Province : On the coast of Vietnam, a province that contained major combat and support bases during the Vietnam War, and forms a key transportation corridor for economic development
- Kontum : In Vietnam, the capital of Kontum Province, near Pleiku and Plei Me; Highway 14 runs through it,and Highway 24 connects it to Quang Ngai.
- Lac Luong Dac Biet : Special Forces of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam; a paramilitary organization reporting to the office of President Ngo Dinh Diem before his overthrow, then a combination of a counterpart to United States Army Special Forces and a clandestine human-source intelligence and covert action organization, and eventually a pure counterpart organization.
- Lam Dong Province : Mountainous forested Province in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, having capital city Dalat.
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group
- Montagnard : A general name for a group of tribal societies traditionally in the highlands of Southeast Asia, primarily in Vietnam but also Laos and Cambodia
- National Highway 1 (Vietnam) : Stretching from the Chinese border into the Mekong Delta, this is the main north-south road of Vietnam.
- National Highway 14 (Vietnam) : A highway connecting Ban Me Thuot, Pleiku, Kontum and Thua Thien, in central Vietnam
- National Highway 19 (Vietnam) : A highway in Central Vietnam, which connects the seaport of Qui Nhon, via An Khe to Pleiku.
- National Highway 25 (Vietnam) : The main east-west highway of central Vietnam; the People's Army of Viet Nam taking control of it in 1975 cut South Vietnam in half
- National Highway 7 (Vietnam) : Add brief definition or description
- Nha Ky Thuat : The most common Vietnamese term for a Republic of Vietnam organization for special operations, clandestine human-source intelligence, and, at one point, paramilitary operations against protesters in the Buddhist crisis of 1963; U.S. counterpart organizations included MACV-SOG and United States Army Special Forces
- Pleiku : The capital of Gia Lai Province of Vietnam; headquarters of the II Corps tactical zone during the Vietnam War
- Provinces of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Quang Nam Province : A province in the central part of Vietnam, with coastal area on the South China Sea and a western border with Laos
- Saigon : The largest city of Vietnam, renamed Ho Chi Minh City after reunification of the North and South in 1975
- Thailand : Southeast Asian country (capital Bangkok), with a constitutional monarchy, often democratic government, and a relatively strong economy; population about 67 million.
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.