< BLU-118Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Explosives : Explosive agent; a compound or mixture susceptible of a rapid chemical reaction, as gunpowder, or nitroglycerin.
- Thermobaric explosives : A member of the class of highly energetic materials and the subclass of volumetric explosives, which appear to release additional combustion energy in addition to the detonation energy of conventional explosives
- BLU-109 : 2000 pound class warhead designed as a hard target penetrator; ballistically identical to Mark 84 bomb, BLU-111, and BLU-126 so can accept Joint Direct Attack Munition and PAVEWAY laser guidance kits
- Hard target penetrator : A bomb or warhead intended to penetrate rock, concrete or armor before exploding
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- BLU-121 : 2000-pound class thermobaric explosives warhead hard target penetrator, successor to BLU-118 with improved CS-1c steel hardened case allowing bomb to "skip" over ground and a new AFX-757 explosive
- PAVEWAY laser guidance : Four-generation series of U.S. laser-guided bomb guidance kits
- GBU-15 : 2000-pound electro-optical guided bomb with television or imaging infrared, fire-and-forget or man-in-the-loop guidance via AN/AXQ-14 data link; may use Mark 84, BLU-109 or BLU-118 warhead; the AGM-130 is an air-to-surface missile derivative
- GBU-24 : 2000-pound-class laser-guided bomb with U.S. PAVEWAY III guidance
- GBU-31 : Joint Direct Attack Munition that uses a 2000 pound bomb, and has combined inertial guidance refined with the Global Positioning System
- AGM-130 : An air-to-surface missile derived from the GBU-15 guided bomb, using television or imaging infrared electro-optical guidance through an AN/AXQ-14 data link