- See also changes related to Auscultation, or pages that link to Auscultation or to this page or whose text .
- Respiratory sound : Noises, normal and abnormal, heard on auscultation over any part of the respiratory tract.
- Heart sound : Sounds heard over the cardiac region produced by the functioning of the heart.
- Physical examination : Systematic and thorough inspection of the patient for physical signs of disease or abnormality.
- Stethoscope : Instruments intended to detect and study sound produced by the heart, lungs, or other parts of the body, sometimes with electronic amplification