Atlas (missile)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Atlas (missile), or pages that link to Atlas (missile) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Atlas (missile). Needs checking by a human.
- Cuban Missile Crisis : Probably the closest the U.S. and Soviet Union came to nuclear war, a confrontation, in October 1962, when Soviet missiles were discovered in Cuba, and eventually removed through a naval show of force and diplomatic maneuvering
- Intercontinental ballistic missile : A ballistic missile, carrying one or more warheads, with a range in excess of 5500 kilometers; the definition traditionally referred to land-based weapons, but some submarine-launched ballistic missiles have this capability
- Project Mercury : The United States' first manned spaceflight program.
- Rocket science : Variously an incorrect name for various engineering disciplines in dealing with unguided rockets or the rocket engines of more intelligent vehicles, or an ironic description of something very complex or very simple (i.e., "this isn't rocket science")