American Conservative Defense Alliance/Related Articles
- See also changes related to American Conservative Defense Alliance, or pages that link to American Conservative Defense Alliance or to this page or whose text .
- National security conservatism : A political belief that the defense of the nation, from attacks from nation-states and non-national actors, is the primary responsibility of government
- Think tank : An organization that presents ideas as expert analysis, the level of objectivity of which varies with the institution, but with an implication of at least some intellectual independence.
- Interest group : An organization that seeks to represent its members' interests, usually by seeking to influence political and/or public policy outcomes.
- Michael Ostrolenk : President / Board Member, American Conservative Defense Alliance; government affairs consultant; co-founder Liberty Coalition, Vice President of HSLEADER; a founding member of the Integral Institute (promoting new approaches to personal and professional relationships), and a policy fellow with the Coalition for a Realistic Foreign Policy
- Philip Giraldi : Francis Walsingham Fellow, American Conservative Defense Alliance; Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity; contributor to AntiWar.com contributing editor on terrorism, intelligence, and security issues for the American Conservative magazine; signatory, "Beyond Guantanamo"; Former Central Intelligence Agency Chief of Base in Barcelona (1989-1992), senior officer for Olympic Games support, liaison to the Spanish Security and Intelligence services
- Doug Bandow : Robert A. Taft Fellow and Board Member, American Conservative Defense Alliance; columnist, AntiWar.com;the Cobden Fellow in International Economics at the Institute for Policy Innovation, Vice President of Policy for Citizen Outreach, Bastiat Scholar in Free Enterprise, Competitive Enterprise Institute; former Senior Fellow,Cato Institute and Visiting Fellow, Heritage Foundation; Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan
- Larry Madison : Military/Veteran/Government Relations Analyst and Board Member at American Conservative Defense Alliance; conservative and Republican activist; former staff at the American Security Council and the American Defense Institute
- Samah Norquist : Add brief definition or description Secretary / Board Member; Kuwait to parents of Palestinian descent; her family immigrated to the United States in 1990. She attended Northeastern University, receiving a B.S. in political science and the American University in Cairo, Egypt, receiving an M.A. in political science with an emphasis on international relations. Currently a Washington D.C.-based public relations consultant, Samah served as Public affairs Specialist for Arab and Muslim outreach at the Bureau of Legislative and Public affairs at US AID, director of communications at the Islamic Free Market Institute, and Cultural affairs Assistant at the U.S. Embassy in Amman, Jordan.
- Peter Gemma : Treasurer and Board Member, American Conservative Defense Alliance; columnist with Middle American News; commentator for USA Today and for such publications as the Washington Examiner, Military History, Human Events, www.newiranpolicy.org, and The Social Contract Quarterly; guest, Political Cesspool; ally of Pat Buchanan; has written for Occidental Quarterly, with the same publisher as the Occidental Observer
- Jesse Benton : Media coordinator and board member, American Conservative Defense Alliance; President of C.I.C. Solutions, a Washington, D.C.-based consulting firm; national spokesman for the presidential campaign of Congressman Ron Paul. Previous press secretary at Americans for Tax Reform; communications director at the American Conservative Union; and director of public policy and external affairs at the Performance Institute
- Bruce Fein : Resident Scholar, Heritage Foundation; columnist, Washington Times and Slate; adviser, American Conservative Defense Alliance; former Adjunct Scholar, American Enterprise Institute; Lecturer, Brookings Institution; Adjunct Professor, George Washington University; signatory to "Beyond Guantanamo"; former Associate Deputy Attorney General and Assistant Director, Office of Legal Policy, U.S. Department of Justice; former General Counsel, Federal Communications Commission; former Research Director for the Joint Congressional Committee on Covert Arms Sales to Iran; former Executive Director, World Intelligence Review; member of American Bar Association's Task Force on Presidential signing statements
- Donald Devine : Vice Chairman of the American Conservative Union; adjunct scholar at the Heritage Foundation; Grewcock Professor of American Values at Bellevue University; former director of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management and senior political consultant for the presidential campaigns of Bob Dole and Steve Forbes
- David Franke : Add brief definition or description served on the editorial staffs of the conservative publications Human Events and National Review; played a key role in agitating for repeal of the draft and replacing it with a volunteer military; and was Senior Editor of Arlington House Publishers and the Conservative Book Club. Continuing a career in publishing, David Franke was the founding director of the LibertyPress and LibertyClassics book imprints.
- Thomas Gale Moore : Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution specializing in international trade and privatization; adviser, American Conservative Defense Alliance; contributor, AntiWar.com, adviser, American Conservative Defense Alliance; Council of Economic Advisers (1985-1989)
- William Niskanen : Chairman emeritus and distinguished senior economist at the libertarian Cato Institute; adviser, American Conservative Defense Alliance former member and acting chairman of Council of Economic Advisers (Reagan Administration; director of economics, Ford Motor Company, professor of economics, University of California at Berkeley and Los Angeles assistant director, Office of Management and Budget; defense analyst, RAND Corporation; e director of special studies in the Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense, and the director of the Program Analysis division at the Institute for Defense Analyses
- Edward Olsen : Professor of National Security Affairs, U.S. Naval Postgraduate School, specializing in Asian & Pacific studies; adviser, American Conservative Defense Alliance; formerly at U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR), Office of East Asian & Pacific Affairs
- Jane Orient : Add brief definition or description Clinical Lecturer in Medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine, and Professor of Clinical Medicine at the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, Dr. Orient edits the Doctors for Disaster Preparedness Newsletter and Civil Defense Perspectives; adviser, American Conservative Defense Alliance
- Richard Viguerie : U.S. political advertising specialist in the United States, who pioneered highly automated direct mail, with an enormous effect on the growth of American conservatism
- Richard Whalen : Add brief definition or description adviser, American Conservative Defense Alliance; a former Time magazine contributing editor and member of the board of editors of Fortune magazine, is the author of the New York Times bestsellers “The Founding Father: The Story of Joseph P. Kennedy” and “Catch the Falling Flag: A Republican’s Challenge to His Party.” Richard Whalen served as a special assistant in Richard M. Nixon’s 1968 presidential campaign and as a senior consultant to Secretary of State William Rogers. A senior policy adviser to Ronald Reagan from 1975 through the 1980 presidential campaign, he was also an advisor to Vice President George H. W. Bush in his 1988 presidential campaign. He edited the reports of three presidential commissions: The Commission on an All-Volunteer Armed Force (1970); The Commission on Financial Structure and Regulation (1971); and The Commission on Federal Statistics (1971).
- Peace operations : Operations other than all-out war, conducted by neutral parties, to ensure the continuance of a peace, or, in the face of resistance, to enforce it.
- Neoconservatism : A political philosophy and ideology which combines many traditional conservative opinions with an emphasis on the importance of foreign policy and using American power to push democracy forward.