Air campaigns in Cambodia and Laos/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Air campaigns in Cambodia and Laos, or pages that link to Air campaigns in Cambodia and Laos or to this page or whose text .
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- Cambodia : A country of Southeast Asia, on the Gulf of Thailand, sharing borders with Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos
- Ho Chi Minh trail : A complex of roads and other facilities, from North Vietnam to South Vietnam via Laos and Cambodia, used to infiltrate military forces into the South
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group
- Operation FARM GATE : Covert air attacks, starting in 1961, against People's Army of Viet Nam targets in Laos; operated by the U.S. Air Force with participation from the Republic of Vietnam air force
- Operation BARREL ROLL : U.S. Air Force operations, beginning in August 1964, in northern Laos, providing close air support to Lao government forces fighting the Pathet Lao and People's Army of Viet Nam
- Operation STEEL TIGER : Add brief definition or description
- Operation TIGER HOUND : Add brief definition or description
- ARC LIGHT : Code name for use of B-52 bombers to deliver very large amounts of conventional bombs to targets in South Vietnam, during the Vietnam War; the term has become generic for large-volume bomb drops against targets without significant air defenses
- U.S. Air Force : Add brief definition or description
- Air Force Special Operations Command : The Air Component of United States Special Operations Command; lineage includes Air Commando units in the Vietnam War
- Special reconnaissance : Also known as SR, missions deep in denied areas, conducted by special operations personnel. They may be in or out of uniform. While SR units may direct air, missile, or artillery strikes, they strive to stay undetected.