Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System, or pages that link to Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System. Needs checking by a human.
- Army Battle Command System : The set of information systems and components that support the operational-level command and control of the U.S. Army, abbreviated ABCS
- Artillery : Crew-served military devices for propelling payloads over distance
- Burke-class : Large U.S. Navy multirole destroyers equipped with AEGIS battle management system and constant upgrades; Japan has Kongo-class clones, also being upgraded to ballistic missile defense; South Korea has the KDK-class
- Common operational picture : An electronically shared graphic of map of common interest, typically to military units, that can show more or less detail, and specialized information, on simple user command or even touch
- Controlling close support to ground forces : Doctrine for deconflicting and activelu controlling all forms of kinetic and nonkinetic fires support to troops close enough to the enemy that there is a significant danger of fratricide or degrading friendly capabilities
- Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below : A U.S. Army system of pocket- and laptop-sized, user-friendly networked computers, for command and control from the individual soldier up to the brigade combat team
- M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System : A fully-tracked artillery firing platform that carries two munitions pods, containing either six rockets or short-range surface-to-surface missiles, or one MGM-140 ATACMS tactical ballistic missile
- MGM-140 ATACMS : A short- to medium-range ballistic missile, developed by the U.S. Army to engage high-value ground targets beyond the range of cannon, yet under the direct control of ground forces commanders; fired by the M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System
- Naval Fire Control System : Also known as the AN/SYQ-27, this is a system for assisting U.S. Navy and NATO gunfire support ashore, taking and deconflicting calls for fires, and passing signals to the actual gun system.
- Naval gunfire support : naval gun, unguided rocket, and guided missile fire from ships, in direct support of ground forces; does not include close air support even if the aircraft fly from ships
- Theater Battle Management Core System : The major U.S. software system for preparing and executing an air tasking order at the theater of operations (i.e., Unified Combatant Command) level