Acoustic energy/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Acoustic energy, or pages that link to Acoustic energy or to this page or whose text .
- Hearing : Add brief definition or description
- Ultrasonography : Diagnostic imaging using acoustic energy, usually above the human hearing range, although the instruments may provide an audible representation for the examiner
- Sonar : A contraction of sound navigation and ranging, formally includes the active mode in which a pulse goes out and a receiver measures the echo. Also includes hydrophones or passive, listen-only systems.
- Frequency : For a periodic (i.e., repeating) phenomena, the number of repetitions per unit of time, usually one second; measured in Hertz
- Transponder : A device, used in navigation, air traffic control, Safety of Life at Sea, and military operations (e.g., Identification-friend-or-foe which, when interrogated by an appropriate radio or radar signal, replies with its identification and other relevant navigation data
- Wavelength : For a repeating phenomenon such as a radio signal with a given frequency, the wavelength is the length, in meters, of a single repetition