- Army aviation : Helicopter, light fixed-wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles intended to be under the direct control of, and immediately responsive to, ground commanders
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Infrared countermeasures : Equipment and flying techniques that can break the lock of a heat-seeking missile on a target aircraft.
- UH-1 (helicopter) : Add brief definition or description
- AH-1 Cobra : The first purpose-built U.S. attack helicopter, introduced by the U.S. Army in the Vietnam War; the U.S. Marine Corps still operates a much-modified version
- H-60 family helicopters : A family of light transport helicopters used by the U.S. services, including the standard troop carrier UH-60 Blackhawk, naval rescue and surface/subsurface warfare, and the MH-60 special operations variant that is not really a Black Helicopter but instead very, very dark gray
- AH-64 Apache : A United States Army attack helicopter capable of day/night missions in all weather.
- OH-58 Kiowa Warrior : A United States Army helicopter with extensive sensors for surveillance and guiding weapons fired by other air or ground weapons platforms, and also is a light attack helicopter on its own rights.
- AN/ALQ-136 : An obsolescent integrated radar detection and jamming system used on U.S. helicopters.